Terms and Conditions
Thank you for enrolling in a LEAP4Kidz program.
By enrolling, you accept the policies and conditions outlined below.
Online: All courses provided through the online system are for personal use only and are not intended to be copied, printed, or reproduced in any way. Online content is assumed to be true and correct. Please contact us if you have any difficulties accessing content. All content is proprietary to LEAP4Kidz.
BrickBox: If you are missing any pieces from your BrickBox, please let us know within 3 days of product receipt to receive replacements. After 3 days, no replacement parts will be provided. You may return the BrickBox for a full refund within the first 3 days of receipt. After 3 days, no refunds will be given.
BrickBox will be an assortment of new and used LEGO and LEGO like pieces as are available. LEGO battery and motor components will be new from LEGO and Leap does not guarantee these electronics. Replacement pieces and electronics can be purchased directly from www.lego.com for a fee.
Leap is not responsible for internet interruptions or service outages or any issues that may hinder your ability to log into the system.
Safety: All materials, containers, and packaging has been ozone sterilized prior to shipment. Please dispose of outer materials per Covid-19 protocols prior to handling your curriculum materials.
Curriculum: Courses consist of a theme of 6-10 lessons. Each lesson will have an Educational Video Lesson, Building Tips, Building Instructions, Vocabulary, and Challenges. It is recommended that lessons are followed in order, and all parts of a lesson are viewed prior to building. Additional materials or links may be available for download or viewing.
Additional curriculum may be purchased through www.leap4kidz.org at a discounted amount. Please contact us at [email protected] to inquire about additional purchases.
Class Minimum: All classes and camps have a minimum number of participants to go forward. If minimums aren’t reached, class will be cancelled and all funds refunded. In some cases we may opt to run a program with less students, but this is not guaranteed.
Refunds: If class does not reach the minimum for a particular session, a full refund will be given. If you cancel 7 days prior to the start of camp, a refund, minus deposit, will be given. If you cancel after the first class, a prorated refund will be given of remaining camp fee LESS $25 admin fee. However, you must inform LEAP4Kidz at [email protected] prior to the start of the second class to obtain a refund. After that, no refunds will be given. Students who are dismissed because of a rule violation or disciplinary reasons will not receive a refund. Camp deposits are non-refundable but can be transferred to other camps within the same camp session year and location. There are no refunds once a camp session has started.
Authorized Adults: It is assumed by LEAP that the adult that enrolls the child has legal custody and/or is authorized to enroll the child in a class or camp during the time specified. Further, all enrolling adults are authorized to make payments and agree to all our policies at the time of enrollment.
Safety:LEAP requires criminal background checks for Instructors, Directors, Managers, and all staff who will be on site for any duration of time at our classes/camps. Unless managed by a sponsoring organization, LEAP will take attendance and inform parents of absence at the contract number given for all classes where students attend directly after school. Parents are required to sign in/sign out their child for camp. Children will not be sent to the curb for pick up without written authorization. Teachers do not have any specialized medical or safety training and will NOT hold medicine for children during camp or class.
Class Overview: LEAP4Kidz classes are an integrated learning program offering introduction to a variety of topics using Lego bricks as a learning tool to foster thought and creativity. IN PERSON: The class hour is structured in 3 parts: Lesson of the day discussion with the whole class; Project model building from a provided planogram completed in pairs; Creative free play (“Master Builder”) time. Children are required to engage in all parts of class. Children are not allowed to opt out of one section without opting out of the class for the day. ONLINE: The class is structured for online instruction only, with materials being provided and online sign in required to access materials. Lessons and build instructions will be available during the class/camp session only, and are not to be downloaded or copied in any way. Some classes will have downloadable material at the end of the lesson for offline learning.
Lego’s are used for demonstrative and learning purposes. The goal isn’t to create a complex model or follows a series of directions, but to think about the learning topic for the day using a hand-on project. The complexity of the building varies from model to model as is necessary to demonstrate the larger topic of discussion. The goal of each class is to get kids thinking about “how they would do it”. Not every child will complete the class build each time. The education is in the process. Children will be challenged to problem solve, create, and find solutions themselves. Children will also be asked to help each other and work collaboratively. Each child will have a different learning style and level of skill in problem solving.
Camp Overview: Camp is structured depending on the type of camp. All camps have team creation and sharing as a key component of the curriculum. IN PERSON: Kids will work in pairs or teams to create and problem solve. Sharing and working well within a group is a necessary requirement. There is not an option for children to be given solo materials if they are unable to work with the group. Movie Making and Robotics will utilize laptops, webcams, software, and potentially the internet to teach the curriculum. Children are required to engage in all parts of class. Children are not allowed to opt out of one section without opting out of the camp for the day. Children that have difficulty with sharing will be given time outs and it is the child’s responsibility for missed camp time. ONLINE: The camp is structured for online instruction only, with materials being provided and online sign in required to access materials. Some camps may require software download(s) along with online instruction. Lessons and build instructions will be available during the camp session only, and are not to be downloaded or copied in any way. Some camps will have downloadable material at the end of the lesson for offline learning.
• All builds are unique and proprietary to LEAP EDUCATION and are not to be copied, distributed or downloaded in any way.
• All supplies and materials are included in the course/class fee.
• Children will receive a handout of the day’s build and learning topic.
• Classes meet hourly, one day/week. Camps meet per specified sessions. Online courses are available to access for up to 15 weeks.
• There is no class on scheduled holidays. If a class is canceled/not held for any reason, a make-up day will be added to the end of the session if approved by the sponsoring organization and/or school and available space can be found.
• Online classes and camps will be dependant on LEAP server network to provide content. If LEAP server network is interrupted or down, a make up will be provided as needed. LEAP has no responsibility if individual online access is not available during the session week and will not provide additional time or refunds.
• If class is canceled due to a school closure, there is no refund and make up sessions will be made on a case by case basis.
• Children ages 4-12 may be in the same classroom due to our learning approach.
• We do not pick up children from their classroom. It is the responsibility of the child, parent, and/or school for the child to get to the class location. This varies from school to school.
• If you enrolled directly with LEAP4Kidz, we will email you prior to the start of the program to confirm your child’s enrollment and to inform you of the class location along with dismissal information.
• If you enrolled through school, PTSA or other group, they will be responsible for contact and communication.
• LEAP4Kidz reserves the right to modify the classes, change instructors, or site location as necessary.
• LEAP4Kidz reserves the right to photograph and/or videotape your child during the class or camp by L4K personnel or its authorized agents exclusively for internal and/or promotional use.
• LEAP4Kidz does not provide a snack, unless specifically denoted. Children may bring a snack to class and quietly eat during the class discussion time (per the school’s policy).
• LEAP4Kidz teachers will not dispense or apply any medication.
• No medication is to be left in the room with the LEAP4Kidz employee or child.
• Children must be picked up at the class location as soon as class is over, and may be charged a late fee for late pickup.
• LEAP4Kidz is not responsible for children before or after stated class times, unless separate agreements have been made.
• We reserve the right to charge a fee for late pick-up.
1-15min late = $25.00; 16-60min late will be charged an additional $2/minute based on the class clock.
Late fees will be made payable directly to the teacher that was present for class.
Payment will be made prior the next class session. If late pick up payment is not received, the child will not be allowed to return to class and any remaining session fees will be forfeited.
Children not picked up within 60 minutes will be taken to the local Police Station.
Medical: In the event of an injury that requires medical attention, LEAP4Kidz has the right to obtain necessary emergency medical treatment for the enrolled child with the understanding that the family will be notified as soon as possible. LEAP4Kidz personnel have permission to treat minor injuries on site. LEAP4Kidz will not hold or administer any medication.
Email Opt-In: A current email address is required as this is the primary form of communication between LEAP4Kidz and our customers. Your information is always kept confidential. We do not sell or share this information.
Indemnification: In consideration of allowing the child to participate in the LEAP4Kidz program(s), the enrolling parent hereby release and forever discharge LEAP4Kidz, Leap Enrichment, and/or Leap Education, and its officers, volunteers, employees and sub-contractors and agents from any liability arising out of or based upon any bodily injury or property damage which may be sustained by my child while participating in such program.