SUMMER CAMP REDMOND – Robotics
Location: Clara Barton Elementary (Redmond)
Ages: 2nd - 5th grade (7-11 years)
Dates: 7/19 - 7/23 (M-F)
Time: 9:30am - 12:00pm
LEGO® Robotics class from LEAP4Kidz™ offers advanced STEM building and programming of Lego Robots and Machines using computers, sensors, and Lego EV3 Programming software. Solve challenges with your robot focusing on a different sensor or area of programming each day. Create projects big and small, individual and in teams while practicing STEM skills in reasoning, math, design, and problem-solving.
Students must know how to turn on/off computer, use a mouse, and save a file prior to class.
Recommended: 8 – 12 years old
Prerequisite: Students must be able to turn on/off laptop, use a mouse, and be able to save a file. Mechanical engineering proficiency required prior to class.
This is a hands-on advanced mechanical engineering and robotics class where students will build and program with Lego Robots and receive an introduction to advanced mechanical engineering, spacial reasoning, and introduction to programming.
This class is specially designed to teach:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- spatial reasoning and fine motor skills
- introduction to Physics, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Language Arts, History, and more.
- Explore mechanical motion using levers, gears, pulleys, and cranks.
- Introduction to programing concepts and robot challenges using sensors and math to control your robot including motion, cause and effect, invention, and development of tools.