SUMMER CAMP REDMOND – Intro Jr Robotics
Camp: Jr Robotics Engineering
Location: Emily Dickinson Elem (Redmond)
Ages: 2nd - 5th grade (7-11 years)
Dates: 7/12 – 7/16 (M-F)
Time: 9:30am - 12:00pm
LEGO® Jr Robotics summer camp from LEAP4Kidz™ offers an introduction to STEM building and programming of Lego Robots and Machines using computers, sensors, and Lego Programming software.
Build multiple models focusing on a different sensor or area of programming while solving challenges. Create projects big and small, individual and in teams, while practicing STEM skills in reasoning, math, design, and problem-solving.
Students must know how to turn on/off computer, use a mouse, and save a file prior to class.
Each camp/class includes a mechanical engineering/science/physics lesson, with building instructions of multiple models, vocabulary, and problem solving challenges. This class is recommended for students 7 – 11 years old, or that have taken previous mechanical building classes. This class is specially designed to teach:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- Spatial reasoning and fine motor skills
- Introduction to Physics, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Cause and effect programing, persistence and resilience, visualization of concepts
- Explore mechanical motion using levers, gears, pulleys, and cranks, as well as programing of motion and sensors
- Introduction to mechanical machines, motion, cause and effect, invention, and development of machines and tools