SUMMER CAMP KIRKLAND – Movie Making
Camp: Movie Making STEM
Location: Juanita Elementary (Kirkland)
Ages: 2nd - 5th grade (7-11 years)
Dates: 7/19 - 7/23 (M-F)
Time: 12:30pm - 3:00pm
MOVIE MAKING summer camp from LEAP4Kidz™ uses stop motion software, computers, and webcams, LEGO bricks, sets, and minifigures to create your own stop motion movie, complete with sound effects and music. In this unique and creative camp, students will work in teams to plan, script, stage, shoot, and produce their own mini-movie using computers, webcams, Stop Motion Animation software and lots and lots of lego!
Recommended: 7 – 12 years old
Prerequisite: Students must be able to turn on/off laptop, use a mouse, and be able to save a file.
This is a hands-on introduction to creative writing, production, stop motion, and story telling using building and 3D awareness skills. Students will build and design sets with Lego and receive an introduction to storytelling, narrative, perspective, and organization of thoughts. All LEGO bricks and electronics are provided.
This class is specially designed to teach:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- spatial reasoning and fine motor skills
- introduction to Creative Writing, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Language Arts, Narrative and more.
- Explore perspective and visual story telling, while organizing thoughts.
- Introduction to computer stop motion software, webcams, insert into a file, save and edit a file.