SUMMER CAMP REDMOND – Game Design/Code
Camp: Game Design
Location: Clara Barton Elementary (Redmond)
Ages: 2nd - 5th grade (7-11 years)
Dates: 7/19 - 7/23 (M-F)
Time: 12:30pm - 3:00pm
GAME CREATION summer camp from LEAP4Kidz™ – Explore how to design and create your own computer game using MIT’s SCRATCH drag and drop programming. Create projects big and small, individual and in teams while practicing STEM skills in reasoning, math, design, and problem solving. Students will learn basics of logic, game play, and computer science concepts while exploring how they can manipulate and create their own files and creations within a virtual world.
Prerequisite: Students must know how to turn on/off computer, use a mouse, and save a file.
Recommended: 8 – 12 years old
This is a hands-on programming class where students will design and code multiple types of online games and receive an introduction to programming basics they can continue to explore at home.
This class is specially designed to teach:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- spatial reasoning and fine motor skills
- introduction to Physics, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Language Arts, History, and more.
- Explore history of game theory and strategy.
- Introduction to programing concepts and challenges including math, cause and effect, design, and debugging.