Challenger Elem (ISD) – Machine Engineering
Grade / Age: 2nd - 5th grade (7-11 years)
Activity: After School Class
Name: Machine Madness Engineering
Location: Challenger Elem (Issq)
Session: 2/1 - 3/22
Time: 3:45pm - 4:45pm
LEGO® MECHANICAL ENGINEERING After School Class from LEAP4Kidz™ offers an integrated STEM enrichment curriculum including science, technology, engineering, math, as well as history, language arts, and critical problem solving to children using LEGO® bricks. All classes are In-Person, per current Covid guidelines, with individual materials.
This is a hands-on mechanical engineering class where students will build and design with Legos and receive an introduction to levers, gears, pulleys, cranks and more using batteries and motors to bring their creations to life! All LEGO bricks, gears, and electronics are provided.
Each camp/class includes a mechanical engineering/science/physics lesson, with building instructions of multiple models, vocabulary, and problem solving challenges. This class is recommended for students 5 – 10 years old. This class is specially designed to teach:
- STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
- spatial reasoning and fine motor skills
- introduction to Physics, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving
- Language Arts, History, and more.
- Explore mechanical motion using levers, gears, pulleys, and cranks, as well as motors and battery pack
- Introduction to mechanical machines, motion, cause and effect, invention, and development of tools.